1. I saw the driver of a garbage truck throw litter out of his window onto the street. Kind of ironic, no?
2. I chopped my hair. I look in the mirror and see a somewhat pretty boy. I like it anyway and now I have some time to let it grow before I get another haircut.
3. I'm heading to California (again!) this weekend to hang out with my sister, eat chocolate at Ghiradelli Square, and see a benefit screening of Wall*E. I'm so stoked. If anybody out there is feeling charitable, give Josh a call and offer to help with babysitting on Monday because *technically* I don't have a babysitter for Monday morning yet. And I leave in 15 minutes to drive up to the airport. Oops. Sorry, Josh.
4. It's strange to be the center of my children's universe. We bought these cute letter-shaped graham cracker cookies. Thomas was playing with them and then said, "Here you go, Mom" and then left the room. When I looked down a minute later, I saw three letters arranged for me: M-O-M. Cute!
5. My house has never been so dirty. And I'm leaving for the weekend, so Josh gets to enjoy while I'm living the good life. Sorry again, Josh. I would feel guiltier but I know the house will be just as child-friendly when I return. Kids prove the law of entropy to be a firm truth.
6. I just finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Wow. I wouldn't recommend it to everybody but it was quite gripping. I stayed up way too late reading it.